Wednesday, August 11, 2010

And so the adventure begins....

To start I will offer you a bit of background information....

I am married to my high school sweetheart who is very much the love of my life.  We are polar opposites which is why, I feel, we compliment each other perfectly.  After 15 years of marriage there is still nowhere I would rather be at the end of the day than in his arms.

I have wanted to be a foster and adoptive mom for nearly as long as I have wanted to be a biological mom.  I wanted to give of myself to children who were in the midst of very hard times. So here I am, a foster mom, 20 years and three fantastic biological children later.  

I have been a full time child care provider for 16 years.  This career choice has enabled me to have my kiddos at home with me which has been a wonderful blessing.  It has also taught me  so much about taking care of  other peoples children.   

I created this blog for many reasons....mainly to give me a place to journal about the daily ins and outs of foster care,  a place to purge my feelings and emotions, and also a place to let my mind wander about what I see and learn. 

Going into foster care I wanted and felt up to a challenge and I have certainly found it.  I am choosing to embrace this adventure whole heartedly while hoping and praying that I can be the difference a child needs.  

No comments:

Post a Comment